Metamask is one of the leading Ethereum crypto wallet providers, and can be created On their website as a standalone mobile app or a browser extension for your favorite browser.
A Metamask wallet is currently required in order to buy eMusic NFTs with cryptocurrency and withdrawing them (it is NOT required however to redeem content connected with the NFT like images and music)
Downloading MetaMask is easy. Either start here or follow this tutorial:
- Follow the link to install the browser extension for your browser: Chrome, Firefox, Brave or Edge. Metamask is also available on Android and iOS devices but currently isn't supported on eMusic.
- Once installed, the fox icon will appear in the upper right-hand corner of your browser and the Welcome to Metamask screen will automatically open. If it doesn't, click on the Fox icon at the top right of your browser and then click the Get Started button on the screen.
- Assuming you are new to Metamask, click the "Create a wallet" button. Otherwise you can click the link to import your wallet and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After creating your wallet and deciding whether or not to help Metamask improve (this is optional), you will be taken to a screen to create your password and accept Metamask terms of service. Make sure this is a strong password that you can remember!
- Next you will be presented with 12 randomly generated words that are your secret phrase. You must immediately save these twelve words somewhere safe and secret. Seriously, these 12 words are the only way to restore your MetaMask accounts. If you lose access to them, it’s like losing cash in your wallet: you won’t be able to get it back. Make sure to keep them open in front of you as they will be required in the next step as a verification.
- That's it! You have your wallet set up! The only bit that is left is adding the eMusic token, which will be covered during the withdrawal process!
You can always contact our support team for any additional help!