The eMusic Token (EMU) is a completely new way to pay for music, using the eMusic blockchain platform. Using EMU provides even more membership benefits to music fans -- including access to exclusive content, special discounts, musical sneak peeks, and more. Once we release the tokens (soon!), you will be able to convert those tokens to purchase music from our retail store with an added bonus. By the middle of 2019, you will be purchasing music or merchandise directly from artists, earning loyalty rewards for referrals and reviews, and even using EMU tokens toward crowdfunding your favorite artist's next great album. And the best part about using EMU is that it will also provide more revenue for the artists on the platform. The platform is built on blockchain technology that drastically reduces overhead costs required in distributing music and getting royalties for purchases and plays, which means artists will be able to receive instant payments with a better split of profits. Starting next year, artists will also be able to use EMU as incentives for fans that support them on social media or by putting them on a playlist. Other ideas we're considering are stream-to-own programs for consumers who like owning their music. You could see EMU as a way to bridge the gap between physical music (CDs, cassettes, vinyl) and digital music consumption (MP3s, WAVs, FLAC, streaming). If you like to own your music, but you also want the extensive access that streaming provides, and you care about quality, EMU can provide all of these utilities and more.
Articles in this section
- Will there be an eMusic API?
- I'm worried about the long term prospects of crypto, how can I be sure the eMusic token (EMU) will be around for years to come?
- Will the eMusic token (EMU) be sold on any exchanges?
- What is a “fan owner”?
- Can I pay for music using eMusic tokens (EMU on my mobile phone?)
- Why is there an Ether (ETH) charge when I use eMusic Tokens (EMUs)?
- What is KYC?
- What if I live inside the United States?
- How do I buy eMusic tokens (EMU)?
- What can I do with eMusic tokens (EMU)?